Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him



“there are moments when you crave to read something phenomenal and at that time God handles you a book like this one. a great read. I was amazed at seeing how tough and we'll balanced Adam was. looking at kind of work these guys have done for the man kind I often think we are very low in value chain. it also motivates us to stay focused as we still have to achieve greatness and only way to achieve is to keep fighting for your dreams. Adam story tells us it's ok to fall but not ok to lay low. stand and fight ,be humble ,stay grounded and have a focus for excellence. one day world will be yours.”

I wrote above as my review on GoodReads after I completed this book a few days back. I recommended the same to a close friend of mine as well. I gave him the teaser about the book and told him that I haven’t done justice and you need to read it to feel it. Now I will try to elaborate more about my thoughts on the same.

Adam Brown caught my attention from one of questions I read on Quora with title “Have any former crack addicts ever been on SEAL Team Six?” . After reading the answer I was hellbent that it has to be my next read. I purchased this book a year back and was unable to give it due attention because of my love with Kindle and lately “Atlas Shrugged”.

 Story starts with the humble beginning of Adam as a simple , down to earth obedient boy with a larger than life heart. The first few chapters revolve around his up-bringing, his family background , parents and siblings.  I loved the moments when Adam took boys of double his size in college football and readers realized his endless ability to endure physical pain and simultaneously being very calm at the time of crisis.

My heart cried when I read how he felt in trap of drugs. This was the time when he hit the rock bottom. Adam’s sister researched on drugs his brother was taking and her findings are scary yet true. She understood that her brother was in wrong hands. Adam’s parent sent him to Jail for his own well being. It was a difficult step yet the right one. In the meantime he fell in love with a pretty girl who agrees to marry him in spite of knowing his addiction.

 The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming. This is an epic quote of Batman and it find true in parlance of this story as well. Adam covers his term in Jail and opt for Navy. How he clears the selection process is a again very interesting story. It shows you need to know all the rules in the book and must be aware when to bend them and when to break it. It also instills in you the fact  that good karma comes back.  Adam becomes a navy seal. I was astonished to see how much courage he had when he accidentally stabbed himself between the eyes and still complete the drill, guy lost his eye and dominant  hand movement and still cleared the sniper course. His love for local kids during his deployment shows the essence of what a good human being is. Even after bearing so much he wanted to do MBA from Havard and was preparing for it as well.

 

During one of his missions Adam lost his life for his country. His comrades avenged his death and killed Osama Bil Laden in coming days. While reading the story you realize how badly terrorism has hit our planet earth. I realize we often do not realize there are good folks fighting for us somewhere down the line which we are unaware. We often crib whereas other people follow the principal deed is all , not the glory.  

To sum it up it’s a must read for all. I realized that I still have miles to go before I sleep.

Comments

infolink said…
thanks you have done very great post about firestick
Unknown said…
Hey Brother this is an amazing post I have never seen before check out my post also and see is best or not??

How to Install discovery plus Kodi Addon On amazon firestick 2021

How to Watch strikeout sports live streaming On Amazon Fire TV Stick

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy