The Count of monte Cristo:



Let’s be honest. When it comes to literature I am never inclined toward classics. While reading “Undisputed Truth” by Mike Tyson I came to know that Mike used to read this book again and again while his time in prison. So as usual I purchased the book and kept it in my book shelve over a period of more than six months but when I started reading this it was one of the finest and riveting tale I ever heard.

The story revolves around Edmond Dantes who in sent to prison for all the wrong reasons. Protagonist is a brave young man who does his job with honor, loves his family and fiancé ‘Mercédès; and  is surrounded by few villains whom he considered friends. The plot is riveting and it is not less than twists and turns faced in games of Thrones. In-fact the book starts from where “shawshank redemption” finishes.

Alexandre Dumas ,has indeed penned down a master piece and while reading it I realized I should have read it at least ten years back. The kind of detailing which multiple story lines has is unbelievable. Once you start reading it , very soon you realize that why it has a cult following. I remember some quotes are so fantastic and deep in meaning that I jumped from bed while reading it. For example:- 


  1.  “Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you”
  2. “All human wisdom is contained in these two words--"Wait and Hope.”
  3.  “Those born to wealth, and who have the means of gratifying every wish, know not what is the real happiness of life, just as those who have been tossed on the stormy waters of the ocean on a few frail planks can alone realize the blessings of fair weather.”  



This book is indeed a master piece  and a must read for anyone who enjoys reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy