Shantaram book review


I am back if anyone is reading this post. While doing some Bakchodi a.k.a Mental Mastubation in office my friend rohit told me that there is a book called shantaram which is highly recommended. I thought let’s give it a try.  I am always happy when it comes supplying money in economy and I ordered shantarm from Flipkart. 

Days past, I forgot that i have even ordered the book as I was busy in my clerical job and one day I returned from home in night book was lying on the table packed but my mom had tore apart the parcel in which it arrived to see what’s inside it. I was shocked to see the book as it was around 1000 pages. Pretty fat, I remembered YokoZuna  \m/ 
 .  
I flipped pages and as I turned on the saga it was something that I have never read before. I remembered the movie Great escape where prisoners do the Jail-Brake. I remembered “Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance” for all the philosophy and I liked the girl “Karla who reminded me of my crush in college. Her quotes are breathtaking and touch you in many ways. There was a moment I fell in love with her.  Now comes the main protagonist of the Story Shantaram awesome dude he is.

Once i was reading about his tenure in johpad Patti  I felt that I haven’t seen the India that he has seen and felt. He takes you through a ride of underworld, Arthur road jail, Love, Heart break and Afghan war. Just like a hardy boy novel I kept on turning pages and I finished it in flat 10 days (imaginary figure). In the end of the story, Karla broke my heart but Shantaram won the respect. The entire book is indeed a literary fiction.
To all those who are reading this post, do yourself a favour read the book. Ask me if you need it :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khaleesi teaches Management, Game of thrones:-

Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him

Maslow's hierarchy of needs vs My hierarchy